After winning Asia’s Next Top Model Cycle 2, Sheena Liam graced magazine covers and walked across runways around the globe. While ZALORA’s 5th Anniversary celebrates a huge milestone, it’s also a celebration of iconic Malaysians in the fashion industry; one of them being Sheena Liam who inspires fresh faced model dreamers to take a step of their own towards pursuing their aspirations. We asked Sheena for some fashion insider scoops and here’s what the icon has to say.
- What are some of your current fashion obsessions?
That raided-my-dad’s-closet look. I’m all for men’s shirts over shorts/miniskirts; I’ve been obsessing over this brand Valfre for a while now too.
2. What’s a big fashion faux pas, in your opinion?
Showing off bras that are not meant to be seen- especially a sheer shirt over a bright colored bra.
3. If you could be born into a specific fashion era, which would it be and why?
The 70’s resonates with me the most probably. I could do flared pants and long floral maxi’s anytime.
“My fashion philosophy is vintage and preloved is better.”
4. If you could swap lives with a front row favourite, who would it be and why?
Alexa Chung. I literally want her wardrobe.
5. Name 5 things that complete your wardrobe.
Good pair of black skinny jeans, oversized denim jacket, white button down shirt, comfy oversized tees and midiskirts.
6. Has being a model helped to evolve your style?
It didn’t. I just get to wear more things at shoots I usually wouldn’t. I’m always amazed how stylists pull random stuff together and it looks effortless.
7. What are some of your key accessories?
Right now, it’s my choker, watch and I’m in love with those cage bras.
8. If you had to choose between a good pair of sneakers and a comfy pair of jeans — which would you prefer?
Good pair of sneakers ftw.
9. Share a quick tip on how to put a look together.
I live by these two quick fixes- I either whip out a bold lip color or go monochrome. Nobody looks bad in black and white.
10. What’s your favourite make up look?
Clean skin, eyebrows that’s all.
From grunge to glam, shop Sheena’s style items on ZALORA today!