4 Solid Reasons Why You Should Drink Green Tea Regularly
Are you a fan of green tea? Do you consume it everyday? If you do, I am sure that you are enjoying all the goodness it offers. However, some of you might not enjoy the taste and immediately excluding it totally from your beverages choice. Well, stop saying no to green tea as it carries great benefits to you. Here are four solid reasons why you should love green tea and need to start drinking it on regular basis.
1. Help you burn more calories
Drinking green tea will increase your metabolism. This is what you need if you wish to burn more fat and loose weight. Drinking 2 to 3 cups of green tea could help you burn as much as 100 calories. Good news, right? Thus, have cup of green tea in the morning or quarter hour before your workout session to keep your metabolism at high level. Then, you can drink another cup approximately an hour before going to bed so you can burn extra calories while you are sleeping. Make this as part of your routine and start experiencing better result. You can probably fit in your new dress as you lose some of the extra calories.
2. Help to improve brain function
Green tea contains amino acid L-theanine that works together with the caffeine to improve the brain function. Though the amount of caffeine in a cup of green tea is lesser than a cup of coffee, it is sufficient to improve alertness and enhance brain connectivity. This will help us to stay focus and alert throughout the day.
3. Help you in dental care
Do you know that consumption of green tea on usual basis leads to improvements in dental health? The catechins in green tea prevent the growth of bacteria in your mouth, lower the risk of caries and reduced bad breath. In other words, it can be said that green tea promotes mouth health and aids in preventing tooth decay. You could save yourself some trips to the dentist then!
4. Help with several health conditions
Green tea is known to have a lot of benefits related to health. Some of them are:
- Manage cholesterol level to lower the risk of coronary heart disease. It reduces bad cholesterol in the blood. Not only it improves the ratio of good cholesterol to bad cholesterol, it also helps to prevent the clogging of arteries.
- Regulate your glucose level. Green tea improves insulin sensitivity. It helps to manage diabetes by preventing insulin spikes and slowing the rise of blood sugar after meal.
- Green tea takers are also at lower risk of various types of cancer, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, stroke and osteoporosis.
There is no reason for you to avoid or hate green tea now. Get yourself a good quality of green tea (so you can start loving it) and make sure that you drink at least a cup of it per day. Any green tea lovers out there? Kindly share in the comment box below on how you enjoy your tea.