Bringing you back to our women crush issue of the month, this lovely lady will definitely blow you away. This 20 year old who is an Undergraduate in Fashion Management at UAL: London College of Fashion and also doing part-time waitressing while pursuing her studies definitely caught our attention. Hannah Dania never fails to bring out the best of her life while slaying the fashion game. So let’s waste no more time and read our exclusive interview with her down below.
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself.
A 20-year old student in London who’s born & raised in Ampang, Kuala Lumpur. Currently studying fashion because I always had a HUGE interest in this particular industry and obviously didn’t want to roll with the mainstream back in highschool. Always grabbing opportunities when it comes knocking on my door, hence why I can say I’ve had quite a good life growing up with offers here and there, I was never really scared of taking that little dip in a pool of possibilities and always questioned things I felt that needed to be questioned.
2. How would you describe your sense of style?
I’d say - comfortable, random and Pinterest-inspired!
3. Sneakers? Flats? High heels?
Preferably sneakers! The hype is real and to be fair, they’re the most comfortable. Especially during the cold days in London.
4. What item in your closet do you wear the most?
My black jeans of course! Goes with anything & everything.
5. In your opinion, what would be the best accessories to enhance your outfits?
Rings AND earrings. All day every day. Silver belt? Match it with silver hoops and rings.
6. Name us among your favourite fashion designers.
I’d definitely say Olivier Rousteing for Balmain. Locally, who doesn’t love Alia Bastamam – her pieces are amazing!
7. You have flawless natural skin. Share with us your skin care regime.
I’m a very lazy person when it comes to my skin (not good at all!!), believe me. I might have make-up on all the way till the AM. But whatever it is, I moisturise all day every day. Aloe Vera should be every girl’s best friend. Other than that, I wear charcoal face masks every once in two weeks.
8. You are always on point with your makeup. If you can only carry one makeup item in your purse, what would it be?
Fenty Beauty’s Blotting Powder. Touches up your make-up so easily, especially after a long day.
9. What lipstick shade do you love pulling off on a daily basis?
I’m a Vaseline chick for sure. I used to wear matte liquid lipsticks all the time until one point my lips couldn’t take it any longer and decided to be really dry and crack 24/7. I eventually only used Vaseline after that along with any lip liner in the shade of nude pink. To be honest, when I have lipstick on these days, I get very insecure (probably because I’m not used to it anymore).
10. What’s the best beauty tip you’ve ever been given by someone?
Always thread your brows because it definitely compliments your face.
11. What should every woman try at least once in her life?
Lash-lifting! Instead of the common Lash Extensions (which results to bald spaces after a rough night rubbing your eye and makes your real eyelashes fall out eventually), girls should definitely try lash-lifting. It doesn’t use fake lashes at all, but instead, it enhances your real lashes by tinting it darker and lifting it. Also, the procedure takes way lesser and lasts longer than extensions ever could. Also, no bald spaces like when you wear extensions… Give your real lashes some lovin.
12. What would be one thing that people would be surprised to know about you?
That I know how to play the saxophone. Kenny G who?
13. What is a song that is your life theme jam right now?
I’d say Spotless Mind by Jhene Aiko.
14. What is your favourite 90s jam?
By far my favourite question. Because my answer will forever be No Scrubs by TLC.
15. If you have a choice between two superpowers, being invisible or flying, which would you choose?
Flying, definitely. I get to save all the walking and driving from point A to point B. Also, I don’t have a reason to be invisible, I enjoy being seen (because I’m not one to steal anything or peak on anything haha).
16. If someone were to make a movie about your life, who would play you?
17. Share with us what is one place in the world you would love to travel to. Why.
Bali. Although I’ve been there quite a number of times, I will always want to re-visit the moment I’m out of the island. Although, lately the island has been unsafe (thoughts & prayers to the local people for their safety), the island is beautiful regardless.
18. If you had the chance to have someone else’s career for one day, who would it be?
Victoria Beckham. Travelling here and there for work and not to forget, her time with her precious family – The Beckhams. Wow.
19. If you are stranded on an island, name three things you would want to have with you?
Moisturizer, my phone and a speaker. Music makes everything 10x better.
20. Every woman should know how to……
SPEAK OUT. Never be afraid of saying what’s on your mind. Be it in terms of your feelings, your opinion, your decisions. You are what you want you want yourself to be so if you don’t speak out, how are you going to get there?
Have you fallen head over heels for our women crush this month? Follow her on Instagram @hannahdania. Who would you like to see next? Leave your ideas down below.