2018 is coming to a close and we want to finish our monthly list of men crushes with a bang. And boy, did we save the best for last. Everybody say hello to Eddy Syamin, a fitness coach who is all about sports. Working at Fuel Athletics, Eddy keeps himself fit 24/7 by occupying himself in the gym and occasionally play some friendly futsal. With all his daily intense workout routine, it is no wonder he was chosen to represent his state at the Sukma Games two years ago. But enough of the introduction. Let’s get on to our exclusive interview with Eddy below!
1. Give us a little insight on what you do for a living.
I love to workout and I love everything about sports. I would rather invest my money to go to the gym rather than buying medicines and I love to help people. I live like a normal person, but the inner side of me tells me to never give up on everything I do. 20% of my effort creates 80% of my results.
2. We see that you are a coach at a local fitness centre. Tell us more about your role there.
Not just a coach. I also do photography, videography, and marketing altogether enhancing the Fuel Athletics name.
3. We also noticed that you are quite active in sports. What other sports do you do besides working out?
4. You once represented Pulau Pinang for a decathlon at the Sukma Games in 2016. What was that experience like?
A bit disappointed but I learned that, because I was being too over confident, I lost one of the events after leading for 8 events out of 10. Never look easy even when you are at the top.
5. How do you juggle all of your sports activities into your daily schedule?
By getting enough sleep.
6. What other things do you do on your free time when you are not at the gym?
Spending time with my family.
7. What is one thing that people will be surprised to know about you?
It is difficult for me to gain weight.
8. What is the one thing in your closet that you wear the most?
Probably my hoodies.
9. What motivates you to get out of bed every day?
Making my parents proud.
10. If you could go back in time, what would you advice your younger self?
I’d advice myself to wear proper attires and listen to your mum.
11. What is your favourite one-hit wonder song?
“Who Let the Dogs Out?” by Baha Men.
12. What was the latest movie that made you cry?
“Miracle in Cell No. 7”.
13. In your opinion, what is one thing people should pay more attention to?
People should take care of their own health because a happy body leads to a happy life.
14. Who’s your celebrity crush?
15. If you could have a casual chat with one celebrity from Hollywood, dead or alive, who would it be?
Ashton Eaton obviously!
16. What advice would you give to someone who is a first-timer at a gym?
The master has failed more times than a beginner has even tried. Trust me, nobody starts on top.
17. If your life were to be a movie, what would the title be?
The title to my movie would be “I Will Tell You Later“.
18. What song that instantly puts you in a good mood?
Any songs with good beats and rhymes.
19. Every man should know how to….
Control their ego and make money.
20. What was the best piece of advice anyone has given you?
“Do what you love and you will never work a day in your life”.
To get the latest info on Eddy, you can always check out his Instagram at @edsymn where he showcases his hardcore fitness regime. Or maybe slide into his DMs and get him as your personal trainer?
Tune in next month as we discover more men to feature on our Men Crush Issue. In the meantime, though, who do you think will be our first for 2019? Write down your suggestions at the comments section below!