It’s that time of month again where we showcase our men crush discovered through the powers of social media. This month, we would like to introduce you to Syahir Shafein, an up-and-coming model who is making a name for himself having recently walking various fashion runways for top local brands. This fine young man is aiming for the stars when it comes to his modelling career as he will walk the annual Kuala Lumpur Fashion Week this year and also is in the running for our own Make Me A Zalora Model contest. Want to know more about Syahir Shafein? Read our exclusive interview below!
1. Give us a little insight on what you do.
I’m doing part time modelling and whenever I’m free, I’ll focus more on my job as a broker and consultant for Public Mutual investment.
2. We discovered that you are part of a local football club. How do you balance yourself with modelling and playing sports?
It’s not hard. If you have the passion, it won’t be a problem. Basically, just plan out everything properly. That is why I have a daily schedule for everything.
3. What other activities do you do besides modelling and playing football?
I go to the gym, do some rock climbing, swimming, and networking.
4. How would you describe your style?
Simple, classy, and sporty.
5. Sneakers, loafers, or sandals?
6. What is an item in your closet that you wear the most?
7. Describe yourself in three simple words.
Easy-going, active, and depending.
8. What is the one thing that people would not know about you?
I’m shy and I’m scared of heights.
9. Your go-to karaoke song?
I don’t sing because I don’t like my own voice.
10. If you could go back in time, what would you advice your younger self?
Be productive every day and don’t waste any time.
11. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
12. What is one embarrassing moment that happened to you?
I entered a silat competition and my pants ripped in front of everyone as I was trying to kick my opponent in front of everyone.
13. If you are stranded on an island and you could have one thing with you, what or who will it be?
14. If you could travel to anywhere in the world, name that one place.
15. Who’s your celebrity crush?
Lana Del Rey.
16. If you could hang out with a Hollywood celebrity, who would it be?
17. What fictional character do you identify with the most?
18. If you can have one superpower, what would it be and why?
Teleportation; so I can be anywhere, anytime just like Doctor Strange!
19. Every man should know how to…
Treat your girl right.
20. What is the best piece of advice anyone has given you?
Your only limitation is your mindset, and always take care of my “akhlak”.
To get the latest updates on our July men crush, you can follow Syahir Shafein on Instagram, @syahirshafein, and check out his impressive modelling work.
Who do you think will be our men crush next month? Leave a comment below!