Closing our July month with a bang, we are pleased to introduce you to our ZALORA Women Crush for this amazing month. Zoey Phoon started out as a blogger who then made a name for herself on Instagram with her amazing vibrant personality as well as impeccable fashion OOTDs. This young lady absolutely nails every outfit she carries making her our favourite this month. Intrigued in getting to know her on a more personal level? Check out our interview with her down below.
1. We discovered that you own a blog. Share with us how did you start getting into the blogging world.
I started blogging around the age of 12, it was really all for fun and it was about the more childish things about my day or my friends and I. I think it started getting serious when I was 15 and was invited to cover an event. It was such a shock to me because I always thought of my blog as a more personal diary, didn’t think anyone would have the interest to read but here I am!
2. Throughout your blogging journey, tell us what precious things you learn about your own self.
Throughout my blogging journey I’ve learned to stay true to myself, style of writing and choices of topics. Sometimes it’s not about what’s trending that gets people’s attention. Truly, people are interested to know more about you and your unique experiences so keep it informative, sweet and simple. You’ll find that words do end up touching people’s hearts.
3. Describe to us your personal style.
I’d say my personal style ranges from girl next door, street chic to glamorous. I prefer not to stick to one style but try to rock everything and be ambitious and brave about it.
4. High heels? Sneakers? Ballerina flats?
Honestly, I’m the biggest sloth on my off days. I love my Havaianas slippers and I look like an aunty on the way to the market almost every other day. But, second on my list would be sneakers, just because it’s the most comfortable and convenient.
5. What is one item in your closet do you wear the most?
I’d say my thrift oversized Hawaiian tops. It’s really comfy and also eye catching with the patterns. Not to mention, easy to style it up and down.
6. You have flawless natural skin. Share with us your skin care regime.
Thank you! This is a hard one, just because I don’t have a fixed skin care regime. However, I’d say I’m blessed with good skin and am not prone to breakouts because I have dry to combination skin. For me, I usually go for skincare that are water based just to keep my skin hydrated always.
7. You are always on point with your makeup, what are your beauty must-haves to always look gorgeous?
Thank you! I don’t always have a full face, just because I’m more of a no-makeup makeup kinda girl. My current go-to’s the NudeStix Tinted Blur. I love how it really does the job and doesn’t cake up or makes me look oily after a period of time. Also, Benefit’s Goof Proof Eyebrow Pencil and their Bad Gal Bang Mascara is something else! As for blush and lips, I just use anything in sight that matches the look.
8. What is your go-to lipstick shade?
I always carry two shades with me. A bold red and a nude incase I need to switch a day look to a night, it’s the easiest way to get it done!
9. You look stunning in every outfit you have on. We would love if you would share with us a little about your workout routine.
Thank you! I usually start with jumping ropes and then proceed to pick a workout or two from the app 7M Workout app.
10. What is one thing that people would be surprised to know about you?
I am the biggest derp of all time.
11. What is your weirdest pet peeve?
I really can’t stand squeaky sounds, I literally start shivering and eventually wail.
12. What fictional character do you identify the most?
Honestly, any strong female lead, I can’t pick!
13. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
I’d love to have mind control!
14. What is one thing that a woman should do at least once in her life.
One thing a woman should do at least once in her life is to definitely do a solo trip abroad.
15. Name us three places in the world that you would love to visit if you had the opportunity.
I’d love to go around Africa, The Mediterranean and North/South Pole.
16. Pick one place you wish to live in: beach, city or country side?
I’m a city girl but also I can’t seem to stay away from the beach. Ideally, somewhere like LA where the beach is a stone throw away from a bustling town.
17. Every woman should know how to…….
NOT rely on a man to prosper in all aspects of her life.
18. What is your current life theme song?
GOD IS A WOMAN - ARIANA GRANDE!!!
19. If you are stranded on an island and can only bring three things with you, what would it be?
I’d bring utensils to crack coconuts open, weapons for security and lotsa cloth for various usage…
20. What will be your advice to younger women out there who are not confident in themselves?
Confidence is a choice. Everything you do is a choice. When you choose to believe in yourself and your worth, confidence comes naturally. You got this boo!
If you want to keep up-to-date with what is happening in her life, do follow her on Instagram @zoeypky. Who would you like us to interview next? Let us know in the comment section below.