This month we were lucky to have a chance to interview this lovely lady, Hannah Hashim. If you think she looks familiar, you might have come across her as she is the face in Shopee’s popular commercial. Graduated with a Diploma in Fashion Design, Hannah definitely knows how to look amazing in anything she has on. This 27 year old lady is also focusing on her career as a model and commercial talent. Interested to get to know a little bit about her? Read her interview with ZALORA down below.
1. We discovered that you have a Diploma in Fashion Design. Share with us how it all started?
I have a strong passion for art and I love drawing but I paint most of the times. Before my interest in studying fashion I actually wanted to study fine art basically to learn more painting techniques and sculpting. Before I could decide I was working as a sales promoter at Paul Smith for a year and that is when I fell in love with fashion. I quit a year after and registered myself in KL Multimedia University and join the fashion family.
Being in the retail line thought me that fashion is character, time & effort. Both of my mom and grandmother had fashion background and that motivated me even more. I use to sew small beg pouches when I was little, I would give them as gift to mom for her birthday or Mother’s day. I would say my mom has been my best support system since forever. By the time I was 24 I graduated and gained a lot of knowledge from both industry from producing the products and how to sell it. Yes when the time is right I would love to open my own business. I would love to transfer my artwork into fashion.
2. Everyone has their own background story to tell. Please tell us how you started to get into the modeling career?
Coming up to my 7 years as a model, Alhamdulillah I am more thankful and grateful to be who I am today, to be honest I had no plans to become a model. Ever since I was young I used to be very shy and was scared to even talk to people. I did my first commercial for Cadbury when I was 20 years old and have done 30 commercials over the past years. I then started modeling for clothes when I was in college. My seniors would ask me to model for their final presentations, that was too when I started modeling for hijabs local brands and magazines. Only last year in September I decided to open a public Instagram account to widen my work channels. Even with 7 years of experience, I am still learning and I seek for perfection. I guess I will stop when the world tells me too.
3. In three simple words, describe to us about yourself.
Honest, cheeky & stubborn.
4. How do you describe your sense of style?
5. Which do you prefer? Sneakers? Flats? High heels?
Sneakers but I adore high heels.
6. What item in your closet do you wear the most?
My black leather converse.
7. You have flawless natural skin. Share with us your skin care regime.
Firstly thank you! As a model, I really need to take care of skin, I try to make it an habit by wearing any facemask every twice a week or night before a shoot and another trick is got to be ice cube they tighten your pores and gives you’re a healthier look.
8. You are always on point with your makeup, what are your beauty must-haves to always look gorgeous?
For me would be the right color foundation, blusher, mascara is a must and nude pink colored lipstick.
9. What lipstick shade do you love pulling off on a day out?
10. What’s the best beauty tip you’ve ever been given?
“Never forget your skincare, ever”.
11. If you had the chance to switch place with anyone in the world for one day, who would it be?
12. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
13. What should every woman try at least once in her life?
Travel the world with someone you love.
14. What is one thing you wish you knew when you were younger?
The world isn’t as scary as I thought. I should have started modeling earlier who knows what could have happen.
15. What would be one thing that people would be surprised to know about you?
I acted in a drama once when I was 4 years old with Sofia Jane and Faizal Hussien as the daughter.
16. What is your current favourite song right now that you love to jam to?
Meant to be by Bebe Rexha.
17. Share with us what is one place in the world you would love to travel to and state why.
The Grand Canyon. To witness something that beautiful with my bare eyes is just beyond words.
18. If you are stranded on an island, name three things you would want to have with you?
A big box of matches, a sharp knife & a manual book on how to survive on an island.
19. Every woman should know how to……
20. What advice would you give girls who are scared to follow their dreams?
Don’t be scared because life is like a non-stop rollercoaster so just enjoy the sweet ride, the world will be ready the moment you decide you are. Remember everything happens for reason.
Are you interested in getting to know about her more? Follow her Instagram @hannaheverythingloves. Who would like to see next on our upcoming issue? Let us know down below.