As you would know, THREAD has been pretty occupied with ZALORAYA these past few weeks, but it does not mean we have forgotten about our monthly Men Crush Issue. This March, we bring you Aiman Asmawar, an entrepreneur who keeps himself fit every single day while pursuing behind the scenes work for production shoots and such. Well, let’s cut to the chase and read our exclusive interview with our Man Crush for the month of March!
1. Give us a little insight on what you do for a living.
I'm an entrepreneur running a boutique consultancy company called The Ox Group Asia Sdn Bhd that focuses on project development in film production, events, F&B, and art. I'm also a full-time fitness instructor at Flyproject.co instructing classes daily for Flyfight, Flycycle, and Flyclimb. I also teach silat twice a week in the late evening.
2. We see that fitness plays a huge part in your life. Tell us more about it.
Yes, it does. I believe in balance when it comes to health. The need to invest and feed something healthy for the soul, mind, and body. I find this balance from practicing fitness daily so I could always keep my mind sharp for business creativity and opportunities, as well as the practice of martial arts balances my emotions and soul.
3. What motivates you to keep a healthy and fit body?
To be able to experience life to its fullest on a daily basis in the best shape, mind, and emotions as possible.
4. Which body part do you think is the most important for beginners to focus on when working out?
The core is key. That's where the nerves of the spine stimulate your growth, strength, healing, and endorphins. If the core and spine aren’t focused on, no form of nerve communication would be able stimulate your full body to move and grow.
5. What other things do you do when you have some free time?
I play basketball, go for jogs, read books, socialise over a good cuppa and travel. Most of the time I'm very random and adventurous.
6. What is one thing that people would be surprised to know about you?
That I've only achieved and lived for over a third of my life.
7. Do you incorporate fashion into your workout gear?
Indeed! This is essential. Presentation is key and ergonomic in your outfit elements is very important for mobility.
8. We noticed that you are active in arts too (acting, art directing, dancing, hosting). Tell us more about it.
Yes, indeed! I've been a practitioner in these fields and have been an all-rounder in all forms of art for the past 19 years. It's an addiction to always be creative in all forms and honestly, if I don’t practice and perform, I feel that my talents are gone to waste. In the end of the day, it is key to live a meaningful life. Hence, I push my talents to all these industries to live my life to its fullest.
9. Are you still pursuing your artistic career or are you full on fitness?
Indeed I am. The past year I've been cutting down on being in the front line of my artistic career in media, acting, and hosting, but I redirected my talents to focus on performing towards fitness instructing at Flyproject.co. At the same time, I've taken the back seat and focus more on the back end of production by being a producer and art director.
10. What is your go-to workout song?
My go-to is definitely hip-hop and grime.
11. Which movie did you last cried to?
Bohemian Rhapsody, because I could relate to the mental struggle in art.
12. In your opinion, what is one thing people should pay more attention to?
Their intuitions. Trust it and invest in it.
13. Who is your celebrity crush?
14. If you could have a casual chat with one Hollywood celebrity, dead or alive, who would it be?
15. What is the one clothing item you need to have when working out?
The perfect ergonomic shorts.
16. In your opinion, who do you think have the most perfect body?
17. Do you go crazy on your cheat days? If so, what is the unhealthiest meal you have eaten in one sitting?
Cheat day? Everyday is cheat day! Three boxes of pizza.
18. What is one thing that people should not do in the gym?
Hog equipment and not put them back where it belongs with their left over sweat on.
19. What is the best piece of advice anyone has ever given you?
Fully invest yourself on each day and you'll immediately see a future ahead of you.
20. Every man in Malaysia should know how to….
Dress up with the right pair of kicks.
Want to know more about this hunk of a man? Go ahead and follow him at @aimanasmawar on Instagram to check out his workout photos. Who knows, maybe it would inspire you to head over to the gym one day?
Any suggestions for our next Men Crush Issue? If you know anyone who deserves to be in the spotlight here, write down your recommendations down at the comments section below!