We know it is fasting month and most people are starving while waiting to break their fast at sundown. While you remain patient until you break your fast, let’s take a look at our Men Crush Issue this month. Yes, we are back with our monthly Men Crush Issue! This May, we have Carlos Chun, a part-time model who walks prestigious runways and a part-time businessman who works for his family too. Let’s get to know him better in our exclusive interview with the charming Carlos Chun.
1. Give us a little insight on what you do for a living.
At the moment, I’m working for my family’s business and also do part-time modelling which I enjoy because I get to meet awesome people from different backgrounds.
2. We noticed that you are the winner of Runway Model Search Malaysia in 2017. Tell us more about your experience competing in it.
It was an unforgettable moment in my life. I got to learn on how to walk and pose better on the runway and for the camera. I met a lot of new friends both locally and internationally. Besides that, it levelled up my confidence and made me into a much more outgoing person because I used to be an introvert.
3. Did you always wanted to be a model?
No, I never thought I would be a model until I was scouted by the catwalk guru himself, Benjamin Toong. I’m glad that happened.
4. Since then, you have been walking multiple runway shows most notably during Kuala Lumpur Fashion Week last year. Among those, which was the best show you have ever done?
I liked all of them. But among those, one of the best shows for me would be Nerdunit x Huawei Mobile, because we were required to run on the runway and interact with the audience using Huawei mobile phones.
5. What other things do you do when you have some free time?
I will play sports like basketball, badminton, or swimming. And movies too! I love watching movies.
6. What is one thing that people would be surprised to know about you?
I’m afraid of heights.
7. Does your own personal style match with what you wear on the runway?
Not really, but I will take some of the designs as my reference.
8. If you were not a model, what do you think you would become instead?
9. Which celebrity were you star-struck upon meeting her/him for the first time?
I am not fortunate enough to meet any celebrities yet.
10. Which brand (local or international) do you wish you could walk for?
11. Who is your celebrity crush?
12. In your opinion, what is the one thing people should pay more attention to?
People should pay more attention to the environment. We only have one world to live in (at least for now), so take good care of it.
13. If you could hangout with any celebrity for a day, who would it be?
Justin Timberlake. He is talented, has a great personality, and is fun too.
14. Your go-to karaoke song?
“Grenade” by Bruno Mars.
15. What is the most valuable clothing item that you currently have in your wardrobe?
16. Who do you look up to in terms of style and fashion sense?
I don’t really have anyone I look up to in terms of style and fashion. Instead, I would keep the styles that I see as a reference to style myself up.
17. If your life was to be made into a movie, what would the title be and who would play you?
For now, I wouldn’t make my life into a movie because there’s nothing much happening yet. Maybe in the future?
18. Which local food would you recommend to foreigners to try first when visiting Malaysia?
Our national dish; nasi lemak and sweet iced dessert, cendol.
19. Any advice for aspiring models out there?
Never stop learning, practice makes perfect, and always have a good attitude.
20. Every man in Malaysia should know how to….
Every man in Malaysia should know how to show their affection towards their parents. In general, Asian children don’t say “I love you” to their parents and we shouldn’t be afraid to use that phrase.
You can follow Carlos Chun on Instagram at @carlos_chunn to keep up with his modelling gigs and other things he does. Who do you want to see next month’s Men Crush Issue? Suggest some names at the comments section below.