Happy Mother’s Day to all the mothers in the world! To celebrate Mother’s Day, we have just the perfect women crush this month for you! Bringing to you exclusively, we are happy that we got the chance to have an interview with a young working mom who is working full time as a Client Executive raising four kids under 7 years old. This 26-year old young mom also runs a small kids clothing business of her own too. Known as Wanie Kayleigh Gomez, this young mom is definitely inspiring to us all. Read our interview with her down below.
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I’m a mom of 4 below 7. My days are usually hectic, but I live for the chaos. I’m a strong advocate for living your best life even after being a mother. I have two girls and two boys aged 7,5,3 & 6 months old! I work for a private accounting & secretarial company, I do freelance modelling for brands and I also own a humble online business, @styledbybubs - fashion for the little ones (something that I’ve always been passionate about).
2. In three words, describe to us your personality.
Intuitive, Proactive, Humorous
3. Being a mom is a blessing, but it is also a lot of hardwork. Please tell us how you juggle the balance of being a mommy and rocking personal time.
My motherhood journey has been ongoing for about 7 years now and one thing for sure, it is never easy to find the balance. My only advice is to not beat yourself for it. It is perfectly fine to have me time! Do not let anyone guilt trip you making you think it is a selfish act. Personally, I’m a Quality over Quantity person. I believe strongly in emitting positive energy to my surroundings.
4. We are impressed with how fashionable you are as a mother. How do you describe your sense of style, and who are your fashion influences?
I’ve always loved the classic look but recently i’ve been trying to play around with fashion. Afterall fashion should be fun! So, it all depends on my mood! My girl, Camira Asrori is actually one of the biggest fashion influences in my life. She owns her own line as well. Honestly, she pushes me outside of my comfort zones when she styles me and i can say that i really enjoy that! I also like to channel fashion ideas from Kourtney Kardashian.
5. Sneakers? Flats? High heels?
Heels! I am not blessed with the height, so heels get me going.
6. You dressed your bump so chic during your pregnancy! What were some of your go-to brands while you were pregnant? Any recommendations?
Comfort comes first to me during pregnancy. Midi Dresses are my go- to, pair it with a blazer or cardigan so you can switch up your look from time to time and feel comfortable- it’s a win! I don’t really have a go-to brand, I dress in whatever that I deem comfortable and cute - including my partner’s jeans.
7. What do you miss about being pregnant?
Lying on my bed late at night, feeling the little bump moving. 4th pregnancy and i was still in awe on how strong and capable our bodies are. To shelter and grow a human being inside us. Also, getting to eat a lot and blaming it on the baby!
8. It cannot be denied that there are days when being a mom is putting up a messy bun and having spit ups on our tops. Any quick style tips for mommies out there?
Rock that messy bun. Messy buns are created for us - wonder moms! I’ve gone weeks with pulling off a great messy bun. Always carry an extra top wherever you go. Pair your outfit with sunglasses. I have two whole drawers of them. That’s my saving grace.
9. What are your most treasured things in your wardrobe? And why?
My Sunglasses, even when I’m wearing the most minimal outfit, sunglasses make my entire look pop plus it hides my designer eye bags so it gets things done! Cute and useful!
My Rebecca Minkoff shoulder sling - it’s the perfect size for all of my items.
Flare Pants - I have lots of them in different designs and colours. So easy to style them! Definitely a must have!
10. Share with us your go-to mommy beauty tip that you swear by?
Exfoliate, Moisturise and never leave the house without wearing a sunscreen! I take my UV protection seriously.
11. What is your go-to lipstick shade?
Taupe! Lots of taupe shades from different brands.
12. You have a great figure, and some may wonder how you maintain it whilst busy being a mother of four. Tell us what’s your secret to bouncing back to your pre-pregnancy body?
Listen to your body! The mistakes that most mothers make (even for me) was to push yourself so hard right after delivering. Give your body all the TLC it needs. I started really slowly with stroller walks, and then i watch my diet (clean eating) before finally going back to hitting the gym. Calorie deficit and weight training is the two contributing factors that helped me bounce back quickly and safely as well.
13. What is one thing that people are often surprised to know about you?
That I have 4 kids. “WHERE?? HOW??”
14. Can you tell us more about your adorable kids?
Sephia is 7 and just recently got into Primary 1 - she’s my eldest. Hardworking, driven and a perfectionist. She reminds me of me. She’s one of the reasons why i wanted many other kids. Adrian, 5 is my second born, the joker of the family, rough but he has the softest heart among his siblings. Andre, 3, the crowd favourite. He’s a boy mini me, soft spoken, shy and very clingy! Sophie, 6 months old joined our family last year November, she is a very smiley and easy-going baby. Her siblings are all so smitten!
15. Name us your top three places for a family day out?
Singapore Zoological Garden (My kids are big time animal lovers)
Gallop Stables (All of us share the same passion for horse riding actually, so this is one of our favourite activities together)
Tanjong Beach Club (Great food, great ambience, there’s also a swimming pool for the kids to enjoy)
16. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
The ability to clone myself. So, I can give everyone/everything my 100%
17. What is one thing you wish you knew when you were younger?
“Will it matter in 5 years’ time?” I recently came across this article on the 5-year rule and I’ve been applying it whenever I must deal with issues on hand. I’ve always been an unnecessary worrier. I’ve spent my younger days constantly worrying on miniscule things and I wished I knew then what I did now, because 5 years later, none of the things I worried about actually matters.
18. If you had the chance to switch place with anyone in the world for one day, who would it be?
Oprah Winfrey. Her ability to empower and inspire is really something that I admire about her. I would love for a day to be able to uplift so many people at once. It will be such an amazing feeling, sometimes you help yourself by helping others.
19. Every woman should know how to…….
Love and accept themselves, even the parts they are struggling to accept- the sides that they are at war with. With acceptance, comes peace. It is something we owe to ourselves. To love, to care and to respect our body, mind and soul.
20. One motherhood, what is your best advice to new mothers?
It takes a village to raise a child. Your emotions and struggles are valid. Do not be afraid to ask for help. Embrace every little detail as they all grow up in a blink of an eye. Laugh with them, it’s one of the greatest feelings I’ve ever felt, to sit down with my kids and laugh over the littlest things.
If you have fallen in love with this gracious young mom, follow her on her Instagram @waniekayleighgomez. Who do you want to see for next month issue? Let us know down below.