This month we are bringing you our MMAZM winner for the male category, As’ syaqireen or known as Syaqyryn as our man crush. The 23 year old had participated in the Instagram contest organized by ZALORA and won the title with his modelling skills from the photo and runway challenge. For the ladies who want to know some interesting facts about our new ZALORA Face from the Make Me A ZALORA Model Cycle 2 contest, we had the chance to catch up with this charming young man. So wait no more and get up close and personal with our interview with him.
1. First of all, we would like to congratulate you on becoming the winner of ZALORA Face 2017. Share with us how you felt when your name was announced as the winner for the male category.
First and foremost, I would like to thank ZALORA as I am really happy for the opportunity and can’t wait to be an international model.
2. How did you hear about the ZALORA MMAZM Cycle 2 Competition?
I knew about the competition through an Instagram post.
3. Before entering this competition, did you have any previous modelling or runway experience? If yes, who did you work and walk for?
Yes, I have walked the runway for designs by Dato Bernard Chan, Supersunday and many well-known brands.
4. Everyone’s journey has a back-end story. Share with us how you started to develop interest in the modelling industry?
I started developing interest in modelling as young as eight years old. My family is not the type who takes interest in entertainment or fashion, however, my mother and other siblings never fails to keep supporting me to get involved in the industry. And Alhamdulillah everything went well and my family is always there to support my career journey in modelling throughout all these years.
5. Being a model, it cannot be denied that you have to have your own off-duty model look. So describe to us your personal style?
I am someone who prefers simplicity where I wear outfits that are suitable with our country’s weather. Sometimes if I want to go out the next day, I will pick out my clothes beforehand the night before. However, if the weather is hot the next day, I will just throw on a plain white t-shirt and blue or black denim jeans. If neccassary, I accessorize the look with necklace, watches, bracelet or white Converse sneakers or any white coloured sneakers. I like streetwear style, actually. Haha
6. Sneakers? Loafers? Sandals?
All of them I like.
7. What is the item in your closet you wear the most?
Caps and sunglasses.
8. Do you have a favourite sport that you play?
Yes, I play football and I love the sport very much.
9. Instead of that, how do you maintain your figure and keep fit?
Every morning at 7-9am and during the afternoon at 5-7pm is my jogging time. During 10am-12pm is normally the time I play bars as I rarely workout at the gym. I prefer jogging and performing street workouts while taking care of what I eat. Haha
10. Describe yourself in three simple words.
Different, shy and excited.
11. If you are stranded on an island, name three things you want to have with you.
A knife, rope and a lighter.
12. What is one thing that people will be surprised to know about you?
I think people don’t know that I am the eldest of 6 siblings. My dad is a taekwondo coach and was an ex-military. I was also kicked out from the navy because of my past health issues.
13. What do you wish you knew when you were younger?
I wish I knew how to find my own money and how to make my family happy.
14. What is your weirdest pet peeve?
I love all kind of animals as it is a gift from GOD but I get very ticklish by them.
15. What is one fictional character you could identify yourself with?
I am someone who is quiet and shy but you can always talk to.
16. You can have one superpower, what would it be and why did you pick it?
Fly like an eagle and land with dignity.
17. If you could travel anywhere in the world, name that one place.
There are two places which I wish to go. The first one would be Mecca and the second one is Istanbul, Turkey.
18. If you could have a career change, what would it be?
I would probably be a navy or football player.
19. Every man should know how to…..
Take care of your own mother.
20. What is the best piece of advice someone has given to you to succeed in life?
A friend once told me to never miss my prayers, respect my parents and elderly, always be humble and help people who are in need.
If you want to follow As-syaqireen’s modelling career, check out his instagram @syaqyrynsyeikh. Who do want for our next man crush issue? Feel free to share it in the comment section below.